Star Trek: Future Enterprise NCC-1701-D
Retail: Varied, Secondary Market
I sang the praises of Eaglemoss in my last review. So, I will only mention here that the selection of ships in their Star Trek: The Official Starships Collection has me a happy geek!
This review will cover another of their premium subscription offerings – the future Enterprise NCC-1701-D. From what I have read, this was a free item offered to subscribers in the UK only. There might be two version. I am unsure which this is.
The Future D comes in the standard OSC packaging. A blue box with a molded clear plastic cover.
The ship itself is quite beautiful. There are some really nice details. The aztec pattern is a bit dark for my tastes, but it is a nice edition.
The added structural details: strut fins, phaser banks, third warp nacelle, phaser canons, and phaser lance are all well done.
My only complaint about this offering, and it could be unique to mine, is that there are gaps in the nacelles near the Bussard collectors.
When compared to the regular Enterprise-D, you can see the darkness of the aztec pattern, but the ship looks nice next to its younger self.
- Playability – 5 out of 5. The future Enterprise-D has good weight and feels nice in the hand as you fly it around your room.
- Collectibility – 5 out of 5. The packaging on this one makes for an awesome display and, as it is a subscriber gift, not everyone has it.
- Paint Applications – 4 out of 5. I really like the paint apps on this … except for the dark aztecing.
- Standability – 5 out of 5. She comes with a stand specifically designed to hold her in place. I forgot to take photos, sorry.
- Articulation – N/A
- Accessories – N/A
- Affordability – 4 out of 5. As this is, for non-UK customers, a secondary market item, the price will vary. I paid a little less for this than the Borg Cube.
Overall impression: 23 out of 25. Eaglemoss’s future Enterpise-D is a solid piece. My only complaints are the aztecing and the gaps at the nacelles. The playability and details are really nice. If you are collecting this line, or are a fan of the future D, you should pick this up!
** Star Trek and related characters belong to CBS and Paramount. These images are for hobby only. Also, the background images were found on the internet. If one of the images belongs to you, I will gladly give credit.